Thursday, August 24, 2023

10 Years of JMJ/WYD Social Media

I didn't have in mind the intention to return back writing in my blog and sharing my experience. 
I just returned last week from my "last" World Youth Day / JMJ. To my surprise, now after my return to Egypt, looking back to the past weeks it has been a remarkable journey. 

It was different from my previous participations and maybe I didn't expect to live and experience some of these moments for some reasons but still, I was caught by the magic. 
While I was there, I was looking to some of the memories and one of the blog posts about my experience in Krakow 2016 popped in my screen. I started to read about it and I felt that writing is always a way to document the feelings that may be forgotten by time. It was a mixed feeling, rediscovering some of these moments, at a moment when I was not feeling the same and I needed a little nudge to think differently.  

I still don't know why I didn't write anything in my blog during the previous one in Panama 2019, maybe I'll discover some notes/writings in some notebook and then maybe I can share some of it here in my blog.

Anyway I decided, one month after starting this journey to try to relive some of these moments, share some thoughts and maybe to surprise my future-self again all the way.

In Rio 2013, I started this journey of working on the social media. Little I know that I'll still be doing it for 10 years, passing by Krakow 2016, Panama 2019 and finally Lisboa 2023.
It has been an incredible journey, learning a lot (evolving with new tools and new platforms), working with international team and making new friendships, meeting friends from one JMJ to another, having the responsibility to share with people who are miles away what's going on the ground so they can feel they are also part of this big gathering.
It has been difficult sometimes, but still fun most of it.

This post is a tribute to all the leaders I had for the social media team, to all the volunteers I have met during this amazing journey.

I have learned a lot from each one of you. We may not still be in touch but I still remember our discussions and chats, or maybe eating lunch or dinner or hanging out or attending one of the main events.. these are memories that will stay forever.

So thank you dear team(s) for being part of this journey and having me part of this big family.

The happy moment of the day is when someone tells me that he/she still remember me after 4 years, 7 years or 10 years and is still keeping the little souvenir from Egypt. 

Tomorrow will be another day and another story to write.

Rio 2013


Krakow 2016
Lisboa 2023

No comments:

Post a Comment